Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IITK) invites applications for admission to the 2015-17 batch of MBA program at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur
Candidates seeking admission to the Institute’s MBA program must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or a Master’s degree in Economics or Commerce,Science (mathematics or statistics at the undergraduate level) with the following criteria
- i) For institutes) that issued the certificate on the basis of global brands guaranteed for all years of the degree of qualification b) awarding diplomas on the basis of total marks secured in the last two semesters or final year of the degree of OR qualification:
- a) GE / NC-OBC: Minimum 60% (OR 6.5 MPC marks on a scale of 10 points)
- b) SC / ST / PWD: minimum of 55% marks (OR CGPA of 6.0 on a scale of 10).
- ii) In both cases above, if the MPC is at a different level of 10.0, the eligibility of candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equity method mentioned above.
iii) Admission to the reserved category candidates will be according to Govt. of India rules.
- iv) Candidates must be in good health. In case of any difference in the medical certificate to be submitted at registration, medical advice Institute shall be final.
- v) Physical disabilities (PWD) seeking admission to MBA are to appear before a medical board on or before October 31, 2015 at IIT Kharagpur; the decision of the Medical Board is final and binding on the candidate.
The selection of candidates and the results of the qualifying degree examination are yet to be declared will be temporary, provided that all parts of the examination must be completed in all respects before the date of accession to the Institute and the brands / certificate sheet as proof of passing the qualifying examination must be submitted no later than 31 October 2015.
Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Kharagpur MBA Programme Admission 2015-17
The selection of candidates for admission to the 2015-17 batch of MBA VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur is a two-step process.
In the first stage, the candidates are shortlisted for GD-PI-WA from candidates who have a score CAT / GMAT valid, who asked for the program and meet the program’s eligibility criteria.
A foreign applicant category that applies with a GMAT score instead of a CAT score should have a total scaled score of 750.
The selection will be based on the application note, CAT performance for domestic students and GMAT for International Students, and the candidate’s performance in the group discussion, personal interview and written analysis (GD-PI-WA) turn.
Post qualification work experience in organizations will be taken into consideration.
CAT breaking unit:
There is a total failure. For general candidates, minimum CAT percentile is 95 to NC-85 OBC, SC – 80 for ST – 75 and for people with disabilities – 80
How to Apply:
After reviewing CAT 2014, internal candidates seeking admission to the MBA program must complete the following procedure:
Step 1: Complete the online application form www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in Step 2: online payment; application fee is Rs.1600 / – for General and OBC candidates NC and Rs.800 / – for SC / ST / PWD.
Female candidates will be charged the same level of fees paid by male candidates of the respective category.
Please note that the Group Discussion (GD), Written Analysis Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) will be conducted by VGSOM, IIT KGP in March / April 2015.
Candidates selected for GD / WAT / PI will be intimidated by email.
In case you have any questions, please contact: Prof. Biplab Datta, Chairman of the Admission MBA, Email: [email protected], Phone: 03222-283888, 09932571129, Fax: 03222-283874.
Start the online application submission form: December 22, 2014
Last Date of Online Application Process: January 13, 2015
Date of Test & Interview Depts / centers / schools (for shortlisted candidates): 3rd March to April 8th, 2015 (provisional) statement Result: May 5, 2015 (provisional)
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (from IITKGP)
(Vinod Gupta School of Management), SOM ITI Khargarpur, Email: [email protected], Phone: 03222-283888 Fax: 03222-283874,