How to Apply marriage Certificate in Mumbai, Maharashtra
What is a marriage certificate?
It is the document issued by government officials as an official statement that two applicants are legally married.
The marriage certificate is the legal evidence of the marriage that provides the authenticity of relationships and social security to married women.
What are the benefits of having a marriage certificate?
- Helpful in getting a visa/passport for the spouse.
- After the death of a partner, It helps claim the property, savings, life insurance claims.
- For legal cases such as divorce, alimony, and child custody, it is an important document; that the court may ask to submit.
- Helpful to apply for a loan, to buy a property, you will need a marriage certificate.
- In second marriages, it is the most persuasive evidence.
Eligibility criteria to apply for a marriage certificate?
- Anyone of the applicants should be a citizen of India.
- The Bride age must be 18years or more, the groom should be 21years or more.
- If he/she proposes a second marriage, the applicant shouldn’t have a living spouse or should be legally separated, at the time of the wedding to be registered.
Documents required to apply for a marriage certificate
- Duly filled and signed application form by both applicants.
- Wedding Invitation card, wedding hall receipt.
- Wedding photograph
- ID proof, a government authenticated.
- Proof of age (birth certificate/school leaving certificate/passport).
- Address proof (electricity bill/ passport).
- Passport size photographs
- Three witnesses ID and address proof and even the priest ID proof.
How to apply a marriage certificate in Mumbai “Online”
First, visit the marriage registrar office to sign and stamp the certificate. Follow the procedure to apply online:
- Visit the site and click on the path of online services → marriage registration →apply here.
- Here you can see a FORM D. Fill out the form online carefully and upload the required documents.
- Then pay the online fee, for further proceedings.
- Once the payment is completed, download your duly filled Form D. Here, you will get with a date to visit the BMC ward office and sign the documents.
- On the issued date, you have to go to the office with your spouse along with three witnesses. In addition to this carry a print out of Form D and other required documents.
- Here you need to Sign all the provided documents and in the presence of a BMC ward officer or Registrar of marriage. After this pay the registration fee.
- After the final verification, the BMC officer will issue the marriage registration that you will get in before 15 working days.
How to apply for a marriage certificate in Mumbai ‘offline’:
- Visit your nearest BMC ward office and get the application form.
- Fill up the application form carefully and submit the duly filled application form along with attested documents to the BMC officer.
- After verification, the BMC ward officer will allocate a date for you to come with your spouse and three witnesses and sign the registered certificate.
- On the allotted date, you, your spouse, and three witnesses need to be present at the respective office. After signing and stamping you will be issued an original, stamped marriage certificate in 10-15 days.
Have Any Doubts or Not able to resolve the issue. Please comment on your queries in the comments below and we will solve your issues. Also if you found any other way to resolve the issue please comment below